A ship is a ship is a ship? Not quite. The shape of sails and rudders, construction methods and the materials used can differ greatly, and are identity markers of where the ships are built.
If you are both a maritime and LEGO® fan, join us at this shipbuilding workshop where you can pick up shipbuilding skills from our trainers and learn to construct your very own vessel using LEGO® bricks. Even better, you get to bring home your very own ship model kit after building it.
This is also a great opportunity to visit the refurbished Maritime Experiential Museum which features 15 new immersive galleries.
Brick by Brick: Shipbuilding with LEGO® Bricks
Date: 31 December 2017
Time: 2pm – 4pm (15 minute sessions)
Location: Maritime Experiential Museum, Port of Oman
Other activities at the Maritime Experiential Museum
- It’s Tea Time: Chinese Tea Appreciation Workshop (29 Dec, 11am – 1pm)
- Maritime Makers Workshop (29 Dec, 2pm – 3pm)
- Storytelling: The Epic Voyage of Zheng He (30 Dec, 11.30am – 12pm)
- Amazing Maritime Board Game Challenge (30 Dec, 2pm – 4pm)
- Storytelling: Pirates of the Silk Route (31 Dec, 11.30am – 12pm)