Many people tend to describe Chinese tea as that “slightly bitter beverage commonly served at Chinese wedding dinners and restaurants”.
Beyond being a traditional beverage, Chinese tea has many health benefits. And like wine connoisseurs, avid Chinese tea drinkers are known to seek out the finest tea leaves for the ultimate drinking pleasure.
Come 29 December 2017, join us for an intimate Chinese Tea Appreciation Workshop in a Chinese teahouse setting. During this session, you will learn about:
- Chinese culture
- The art and history of Chinese tea
- Types of tea leaves
- How to prepare Chinese tea the traditional way
- The health benefits of tea
- Tea tasting session: savour four types of Chinese tea
This is also a great opportunity to visit the newly reopened Maritime Experiential Museum which features 15 new immersive galleries.
It’s Tea Time!
Chinese Tea Appreciation Workshop
Date: 29 December 2017
Time: 11am – 1pm
Location: Maritime Experiential Museum, Chinese Teahouse at the Port of QuanZhou
Other activities at the Maritime Experiential Museum
- Storytelling: The Epic Voyage of Zheng He (30 Dec, 11.30am – 12pm)
- Maritime Makers Workshop (29 Dec, 2pm – 3pm)
- Amazing Maritime Board Game Challenge (30 Dec, 2pm – 4pm)
- Storytelling: Pirates of the Silk Route (31 Dec, 11.30am – 12pm)
- Brick by Brick: Shipbuilding with LEGO® Bricks (31 Dec, 2pm – 4pm)