What happens when a group of pirates sneak onto lands to take over a village? Would the villagers be able to fend for themselves? Is there someone smart and brave enough to fight off these sea rats?
One man did. The local chief, also called the Temenggong.
Join Captain Spooks at the newly reopened Maritime Experiential Museum for a special storytelling session where he will retell the tale of how the Temenggong outwit and outsmart the pirates to take back his island.
This is also a great opportunity to visit the refurbished Maritime Experiential Museum which features 15 new immersive galleries.
Pirates of the Silk Route
A special storytelling session by Captain Spooks
Date: 31 December 2017
Time: 11.30am – 12pm
Location: Maritime Experiential Museum, next to The Jewel of Muscat
Other activities at the Maritime Experiential Museum
- It’s Tea Time: Chinese Tea Appreciation Workshop (29 Dec, 11am – 1pm)
- Maritime Makers Workshop (29 Dec, 2pm – 3pm)
- Storytelling: The Epic Voyage of Zheng He (30 Dec, 11.30am – 12pm)
- Amazing Maritime Board Game Challenge (30 Dec, 2pm – 4pm)
- Brick by Brick: Shipbuilding with LEGO® Bricks (31 Dec, 2pm – 4pm)