What happens when conservation and creativity meet? A kaleidoscope of colours and pure brilliance. That’s what we saw at this year’s Recycling Art Competition.
Recycling Art Competition started in 2015 as one of Resorts World Sentosa’s Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives to reinforce its commitment towards environmental sustainability.
Now in its second year, the competition received close to 170 entries from pre-schools, primary and secondary schools across Singapore, a threefold increase from 58 entries last year.
The themes for this year are:
- Our Favourite Ocean Friends (pre-school category)
- Protecting the Home of Our Ocean Friends (primary category)
- Our Ocean – The Heart of Our Planet, Connecting All of Us Together (secondary category).
The submissions were pretty outstanding. Here are some of the finalists:
Here are this year’s finalists:
- Smart Kids Educare LLP
- PCF Sparkletots Preschool @ Bishan North Blk 257
- Agape Little Uni @ Kallang (2 Teams)
- Kids’ Kingdom CDLC
- St. James’ Church Kindergarten (Harding)
- PCF Sparkletots @ Nee Soon South Blk 781
- YMCA Child Development Centre (Woodlands)
- PCF Sparkletots Preschool @ Bukit Batok East Blk 27
- Kiddiwinkie Schoolhouse – Newton
- Anchor Green Primary School
- Concord Primary School
- Jiemin Primary School
- Kuo Chuan Presbyterian Primary School (2 teams)
- Lianhua Primary School
- Poi Ching School (2 Teams)
- Anthony’s Primary School (2 Teams)
- Bedok North Secondary School
- Fuchun Secondary School
- Greendale Secondary School (2 Teams)
- Kranji Secondary School (3 Teams)
- Nan Hua High School
- Swiss Cottage Secondary School (2 Teams)
These shortlisted entries will be showcased at the Recycling Art Exhibition at basement 1 of Maritime Experiential Museum, S.E.A. Aquarium from 5 August – 9 September 2016. Be sure to check out these amazing works of art while you’re there.
Recycling Art Competition 2016 is organised in collaboration with Woodgrove Secondary School and presented at the S.E.A. Aquarium. Winners will be announced on 12 August so stay tuned to our blog for the results.